Entertaining or having fun at home is a great way to save money. One of the major benefits is that you have less temptations to spend money, than if you were out on the town. Listed below are eight ways to have fun at home, no matter what your budget.
- Tip 1: Parties: You don’t have to go over the top with your party food. Simple snacks, such as dips, biscuits and chips will do just fine. In other words, don’t feel obligated to cook a seven course meal with lobster.
- Tip 2: Always consider a take away: Taking away from restaurants will save you around 10 percent on the bill. You still get the same great food, although not the atmosphere of the restaurant. Personal choice, but it is always an option.
- Tip 3: Download music: There are a variety of legitimate websites that allow you to down load music from the Internet, for a fraction of the price you would pay in a music store. Worth considering.
- Tip 4: Have a game night: Game nights are a great inexpensive night in with friends and family. Do this instead of going for a night out on the town.
- Tip 5: Have a movie night at your house: Same rules apply as for the game night tip. Definitely a cheap night in and a way to catch up with friends or family.
- Tip 6: Get to know your partner again: What is more fun that cuddling up with your partner. Spending some quality time snuggling will help keep your relationship on track or help get it back on track.
- Tip 7: Spend time getting your finances in order: While it may not seem like a fun activity to start with, over the long term it will give you significant piece of mind. As we have recommended in other tips using software, to do this is a good place to start.
- Tip 8: Learn to juggle: This is a hobby that many money savers recommend. For us it means a lot. We learnt to juggle (and do magic) at university. Since then we have followed it as a hobby and enjoy juggling fire and the like. So grab some juggling balls (or fruit) and enjoy. Great party trick as well!